An often-overlooked part of the home are clear, spotless windows. They add beauty and a sense of cleanliness to any residence.
If windows are not regularly cleaned, they might send a negative message about your home or business. Looking through a dirty window is like trying to see the world with dust in your eyes. This obstruction prevents sunlight from entering, which reduces the amount of natural light and warmth in your place of residence.
Window washing is a disliked job because you have to deal with water, dirt, wads of newspaper or paper towels and streaks. You can learn the easier way if you watch the pros in action. Have you ever watched a window washer? The equipment that professional window washers use is simple, a bucket of cleaning solution, a scrubber or sponge, and a squeegee. The cleaning solution can be as simple as vinegar and water with a 3 or 4 drops of dish washing detergent in a bucket.
- Use a mineral deposit removing cleaner, such as CLR. Dampen a sponge with cleaner and rub at the stains on the windows. Rinse the area with water and proceed with regular cleaning.
- Spray the affected area with pure vinegar and let it sit for at least five minutes. Use a sponge or cloth to rub the stain, and proceed with regular cleaning.
- Make a paste of water and a cleaner that contains oxalic acid, such as Zud or Bar Keepers Friend. Apply the paste to the affected area with a clean cloth and give it a good rub. Rinse away the paste and clean normally.
Another blogger suggests that the trick to streak-free windows is diaper cloths. Any lint free cloth will work great. Also, make sure to clean your windows on a cloudy day and not when the sun is beating on them. You will have streaks for sure.
Have you ever just wanted to hire a professional to take care of this task? They can spot trouble areas on your window screens, frames etc. and they can do the job in 1/2 the time.
It’s important to have your windows maintained and cleaned regularly. Beyond just the aesthetic enjoyment of a clear view of the world outside, it can actually prolong the life of your windows.
But it is, of course, a matter of preference. Most people get their windows cleaned every 6-12 months.
If they are not cleaned regularly accumulated dirt and minerals can etch themselves into the glass making it very difficult or even impossible to restore to their original transparency. So at a minimum get them cleaned at least once a year.
These are some great tips to think about if you are considering hiring a company to wash your windows.
- Look for one that is insured.
- Have then lock in a price before they do the job.
- Do they guarantee their work?
- Watch and listen to the non-verbal clues you are receiving from them.
- Find a window cleaner that is established in the area.
- Find a window cleaner that specializes in window cleaning.
The best news is, at Heaven’s Best, we now offer window cleaning! Contact your local Heaven’s Best operator for a quote today!